Tuesday, November 10, 2009

"You'll apperciate it when you're 50"

But right now, I am not 50. Lol.

20 Weeks 3 Days
105.8 Lbs.
(The weight thing is so crazy, at night I can be 109 and in the morning, 106)

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't written in a LOOOONG time, every time I sit down at my computer my brain dies on me and I can't find anything to say. But today, I am feeling it :) So to start things off I just wanted to say that everything I thought I knew about being pregnant, was so wrong. I was so so far off base. I use to play this story in my head about what life was going to be like when we got pregnant! Ya know, a perfect story from things that I had read in books, learned in school, and been told by other women. I know that "every pregnancy is different" but I always told myself... yeah yeah, there might be some truth to that but in fact every pregnancy has the same out come, how different can they be? Well... now I know. VERY DIFFERENT!

In my imaginary pregnant life.

It was going to be LOVE at the word "Pregnant". When that little stick spoke, it's words were going to be GOLD! I would instantly FEEL pregnant. Then for about 3 weeks I was going to be happily sick in the morning and fully functional the rest off the day. By 3 months, I was going to LOVE food, have the most amazing cravings, and know with out a doubt that we were having a girl. I was going to have grown fabulous boobs almost over night! And along the line of 5 months, I was going to be visibly pregnant, glowing, and the baby would be moving so much, that it would resemble somewhat of a monster trying escape my belly. Somewhere in the mix I would throw in mild constipation and gas, just because I was "trying" to be realistic.

In my real pregnant life.

I was so confused when I read the word "pregnant", EXCITED, yyyyesss! In LOVE, YESSSS! But I was convinced that it was lying to me. Even after 9 tests, all I could think was that that silly little stick was an accomplaince of the Devil and a liar. I definitely didn't FEEL pregnant. What I did feel soon afterwards though was horribly, miserably, undeniably AWFUL for the next 3 1/2 months... ALL day, everyday. No Breaks. I was completely UN-functional and yet I still didn't "feel" pregnant, just like I was being tortured my own body. It was during this time that those amazing boobs I had dreamt about popped up! Oooh and they popped up over night alright and it was like TORTURE. It hurt so bad. I had to strap them to my body to prevent them from touching anything or moving at all! Yeah, they were fabulous, but it was like dangling a steak in front of a hungry dog! Not the experience I thought it was going to be. Lol, Nothing else happened after that until about the 5 month mark! Finally, I was feeling better! Like a human again! I have had no cravings though, my appetite hasn't really grown at all actually. I still don't really FEEL pregnant but I KNOW I am and I have excepted the fact that Clear Blue wasn't lying ;). I defiantly don't look as pregnant as I thought I would at this point in time, but the belly is certainly growing, just ask my wardrobe. The baby is just starting to kick around alittle which has been WAY more exciting than I could have ever imagined! And finally we found out that we are having a BOY!!! :) I wanted a girl so bad, but when the doctors said boy, it didn't even faze me! I couldn't had been happier! As for the yucky stuff, I have to say that I have been pleasantly surprised, other then the new super human ability to smell an unclean child from across the room, I haven't had to deal with anything else! :) All the horrible things that I prepared myself for, I haven't had to deal with. No constipation, no gas, nothing. Right now at this moment, I am exceptionally wonderful... with fabulous boobs ;)

Just a funny side note*
Sunday evening Andrew and I went to Wendy's and the lady behind the counter asked me if I was pregnant! I was so excited because no one had asked me that before because I don't really "look" pregnant... just soft. lol, Anyway she then proceeded to tell me in the kindest way possible that I looked like I was 16 and to finish off the torture, she asked me if Andrew was my older brother. Not so excited after that.

2 comments:

  1. A melon?!?! He's getting SO big! Even though I've heard it...I love how you explain what you thought it was going to be like and how it actually is...too funny :-)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! You are getting so close. It is so exciting. :]
    And not to make you sad but wait until your milk comes in those fantastic boobs. I literally can not touch a TOWEL to them when I get out of the shower. Lol.

    ReplyDelete