Sunday, March 28, 2010

Forty Weeks
Seventeen Pounds

Are We Done Yet?
I don't like imagining that my baby is the size of a watermelon. I find the comparison terrifying! There's just something about the thought of having to vaginally eject the giant fruit form my body, that doesn't suit my likings. Watermelons are hard and awkward shaped. They are difficult to carry in the store and in my personal opinion aren't worth the effort you have to put into them. Not to mention the fact that they are HUGGGEEE! Who wants to day dream about birthing the LARGEST fruit possible? For my own mental health, that is not what I am going to visually picture my son as... From now on, he's a banana with a head or 6 medium oranges. Whether this is the truth or not... that is what I telling myself.
So, we are at the finish line here :) Everything is ready and we are just waiting, waiting, waiting. Andrew and I are so excited to meet out little man... It's hard to believe that within the next THREE days he's going to be here and we are going to be PARENTS! Just in case anyone hasn't been filled in, we have a scheduled induction for Wednesday at 6:00 am. We are praying that he will come naturally before then, but the Doctor is concerned that he might get too big so he doesn't want us to wait too long. We are little bummed about the situation, but as long as we have a healthy baby and save delivery, then we'll do what we need to do.
I know this may sound crazy, but I can't wait to see his little feet! Those things have been kicking me, poking me, and bulging out me for months now, and I am finally going to see the source of all sorts of entertainment. I am pretty sure they are going to be giant little feet. Miniature mutant feet of his fathers'. lol. But more than anything though, I am excited to Andrew with his son :) He's such an incredible husband, and I know that he is going to be an amazing daddy to our baby boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment